Golf Advisory Board
- 6:00 p.m.
- Meetings are held on the third Tuesday in January, April, and October and on the third Monday in July
- Park & Recreation Conference Room, 2005 1st Avenue
The members of the Board shall have such powers and perform such duties as may be conferred upon and required of them by the Council. The Board is an advisory board, thus having only those powers and duties to advise and recommend to the Council and City Manager as are granted to them by the Council.
The Board shall have the power to recommend for adoption and imposition by the Council:
- General rules
- Penalties and forfeitures for:
- Trespasses upon or injury to the golf course grounds, club house, carts or other property
- Failure to return any golf clubs or other rented material
- Violation of any bylaw, rule or regulation adopted by the Council for the golf course
- To recommend reasonable fees for services
The Board shall, from time to time, recommend general bylaws, rules or regulations for the operation and government of the golf course to the City Manager. Such rules and regulations shall be submitted to the Council for approval and adoption.
View members of the Golf Advisory Board
. The Golf Advisory Board shall consist of eight members chosen from the citizens at large. Neither the Mayor nor any member of the Council shall be a member of the Golf Advisory Board.
The Director of Park and Recreation Department shall be an ex-officio member of the Board. Additionally, one member of the Park and Recreation Advisory Board shall serve as an ex-officio member as chosen by that Board
Board members shall serve a four-year term. At their first meeting in July, the Board members shall elect a president, secretary, treasurer and such other officers as may be necessary. Three members shall constitute a quorum.
Special Membership Requirements
A Board member shall serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.